Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Burrowing Owls - owlettes in Florida


Meet the family.  4 babies and mom.
Dad was farther away watching from the distance.

This was my first sighting ever of seeing the young owlettes.
Thank you so much Holly


wing stretches

I thought this was an adult until we got closer to see an owlette on the post.

Wing stretches

3 owlettes


Hissing like a snake. We were not close but they still practiced their calls.

Love the head tilts

Add caption

Mom watches the burrow of owls

The first night we got there after the golden hour.
Holly was calling me to let me know there were babies.
Me I was off with a gopher tortiose









Mom with 3 young

One took off in front of the others.  I happened to click when he flew over the burrow.  Mom was not even concerned.
It was amazing

All open their eyes and look when a plane goes over

Mouth wide open


I am still in awe of these little guys